To the patients and family of Finney Family Dental:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer available when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Waiting rooms chairs will be spaced so as to allow for proper social distancing
- Temperatures will be taken at all appointments
- We ask that you do not bring any non-essential companions with you to the appointment.
- Any patient is welcome to wait in their car as opposed to our waiting room if preferable. Simply call the front desk when you arrive and we will notify you when we are ready.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- As always, if you are not feeling well or exhibiting symptoms of fever, flu or sickness please reschedule your appointment.
- We will be checking the health and temperature of all staff members at the beginning of each day.
- Staff members may be wearing different and more protective PPE than what you have seen the past.
- As always, proper sterilization and hygiene will be of upmost focus with our staff. This includes frequent hand washing, periodic cleaning of commonly touched surfaces, etc.
- Our staff will undergo an updated continuing education training session on HIPAA, OSHA, medical emergency and operating our business in the COVID-19 era prior to our reopening date.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (740) 382-5535or visit our website at www.finneyfamilydentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The team at Finney Family Dental
Welcome to Finney Family Dentistry in Marion
Finney Family Dentistry, Generations of Dentists Serving Marion Ohio since 1936
We genuinely consider our patients family, and value them all as if they are. At our office, we respect our patients and we aspire to educate them about their oral health. Our goal is to work together as partners to achieve the best possible outcomes. We strive to utilize the latest dental technologies and are committed to staying current in the ever advancing field of dentistry. Finney Family Dentistry does not think of you as a number; to us, you are a relationship, and one that we plan on working to keep. That may explain why we have been in business since 1936, with three generations of dentists. This may also be why so many of our patients recommend us to their family and friends. To us, there is no better compliment than when our patients recommend us to others. We take that seriously, and strive each and every day to live up to their expectations.
What Our Patients Say About Our Dental Services
I just wanted to say a special thank you to Dr. Kate and Dr. Derek for coming in on a Saturday to put a crown back on for me. I wasn’t quite sure what to do when it came off on Friday afternoon so I text Maria, my hygienist-she immediately said I don’t want you to wait until Monday because that tooth doesn’t have a root canal-let me make a few calls.
My nieces wedding was on Saturday-and without hesitating they offered to come in and put it back on for me –they were great to work with the time frame I had that day as I was doing all the makeup application for the wedding in the morning-so they saw me in between. They went above and beyond for me to make sure I was comfortable and didn’t experience a tooth ache. In addition to that I don’t have dental insurance so they were very fair on the billing as well.
I also appreciate how friendly all the staff including the front desk ladies are as well-any questions I’ve had or if I need to reschedule an appointment they’ve been great to work with.
I would recommend this office to my family and friends and am very happy we made the switch!