To the patients and family of Finney Family Dental:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer available when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Waiting rooms chairs will be spaced so as to allow for proper social distancing
- Temperatures will be taken at all appointments
- We ask that you do not bring any non-essential companions with you to the appointment.
- Any patient is welcome to wait in their car as opposed to our waiting room if preferable. Simply call the front desk when you arrive and we will notify you when we are ready.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- As always, if you are not feeling well or exhibiting symptoms of fever, flu or sickness please reschedule your appointment.
- We will be checking the health and temperature of all staff members at the beginning of each day.
- Staff members may be wearing different and more protective PPE than what you have seen the past.
- As always, proper sterilization and hygiene will be of upmost focus with our staff. This includes frequent hand washing, periodic cleaning of commonly touched surfaces, etc.
- Our staff will undergo an updated continuing education training session on HIPAA, OSHA, medical emergency and operating our business in the COVID-19 era prior to our reopening date.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (740) 382-5535or visit our website at www.finneyfamilydentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The team at Finney Family Dental
Welcome to Finney Family Dentistry in Marion
Finney Family Dentistry, Generations of Dentists Serving Marion Ohio since 1936
We genuinely consider our patients family, and value them all as if they are. At our office, we respect our patients and we aspire to educate them about their oral health. Our goal is to work together as partners to achieve the best possible outcomes. We strive to utilize the latest dental technologies and are committed to staying current in the ever advancing field of dentistry. Finney Family Dentistry does not think of you as a number; to us, you are a relationship, and one that we plan on working to keep. That may explain why we have been in business since 1936, with three generations of dentists. This may also be why so many of our patients recommend us to their family and friends. To us, there is no better compliment than when our patients recommend us to others. We take that seriously, and strive each and every day to live up to their expectations.
What Our Patients Say About Our Dental Services
We have been going to the Finney Family Dentistry for over 40 years. We originally saw Dr. Ray Finney, and since he retired, Dr. Bob has provided all of our dental care. Now his son Miles and daughter Kate along with her husband Derek have joined the team. Throughout our time at Marion, we have been extremely pleased with everyone at the office. We have found them all to be very friendly, careful, and thorough. As soon as we walk in the door, we always feel welcome. And with every visit we leave knowing we received the absolute best dental care.
Our three children, Terry II, Karen and Tommy have gone to Dr. Finney since they were four years old. During their college years they still came back to their office. Even after Karen and Tommy got married and lived in Columbus, they continued to come back for all their dental care. Karen and her husband Kenny said they would never consider going anywhere else.
Hygienists Pam and Maria have been our care givers for over 30 years. We laugh and share our family pictures with all of them. Penny has been remarkable in scheduling us for checkups and dental care, working with everyone’s busy schedules.
Dr. Bob is one of the most gentle and caring people we know. He always talked about what was expected and what our options were. Terry had a tooth that had a crack in it, and Dr. Bob worked with him for years to try to save the tooth. Both Bernie and Terry appreciate them ensuring that every procedure is pain free. We have total confidence in the quality of care provided.
Their office is modern and very clean, and the warm friendly faces that greet us when we come in feel like home. The entire staff is like family to us. They will all be deeply missed when we move to Myrtle Beach this summer.
Bernie and Terry Pettijohn